About The Sandpiper®
The Sandpiper® has all the features of the Sandcruiser® but smaller to perfectly fit a young child.
The Sandpiper's frame is manufactured from 316 grade marine stainless steel and is polished to mirror finish. The Sandpiper’s® durability is backed up by Sandcruiser Industries Pty Ltd 3 year warranty on the frame.
The 'WHEELEEZ' wheels have a 12 month warranty and are suitable for use in most terrains (please observe tyre pressure recommendations).
The Sandpiper’s® upholstery is manufactured from marine grade acrylic canvas, is ‘UV’ stable fabricated to manufacturer’s recommendations and has a 12 month warranty.
- All metal components are manufactured from 316L Stainless Steel with 600 # surface finished electro polished to a mirror surface, all tube 1.6mm wall thickness marine grade.
- Seat height of 500mm allows easy transfer of patient from chair to chair.
- No special tools required to dismantle for transport, the use of 6.0mm drop nose pins and “R” clips make dismantle and reassembly effortless.
- Fully adjustable leg rest with padded hinge protectors, adjustable clamp handles with push pin allows handles to be re-positioned after clamping.
- New design, all stainless steel pivot arm rests allows both arm rests to be raised for easy patient transfer.
- Sandpiper® rides over sand, snow, grass and gravel surfaces absorbing shocks for smooth ride.
- Front castors have a delrin bush with stainless steel bearings inserts to allow for a full 360 degree rotation to allow the Sandpiper® to turn in tight locations. The front forks are fitted with a quick release “R” pin to allow for dismantling for transport.
- The anti tip / brake bar secures the chair in one procedure and is also fitted with a positive lock / release bar for added safety. The brake bar locks both rear wheels and when engaged prevents the Sandpiper® from tipping over backwards while making the chair stable for a safe patient transfer.
- All assembly pins are secured to the main frame with 40kg nylon coated stainless steel wire crimp clamped for added strength (note note fitted to rear axle “R” clips).
- Low tyre pressure reduces the risk of penetration of sharp objects and produces a very smooth and comfortable ride.
- Upholstery is manufactured in “Docril” acrylic canvas which is rot, mould and salt water resistant, UV stable and is fitted with quick release buckles for easy removal for cleaning etc.
- Seat belts are fitted to secure the patient in the chair.
- The Sandpiper® wheel chair been designed in accordance with TGA requirements and has been approved (copy of approval certificate provided if required).
- Snow chains can be supplied and fitted if required at an extra cost.
Special discounts apply to NDIS, Governments and Councils.
Download the Brochure
Or click here to send us a message.
src in: ?dnt=1
src gen: https://player.vimeo.com/video/37084628?dnt=1Actual comparison
src gen: https://player.vimeo.com/video/37084628